Monday, June 24, 2019

Internship Week 2 Update 6/17/19

This was my second week for the summer internship. At this point I am caught up and refreshed for everything I missed and for new things that were not here when I was here last summer. For this week, there were multiple calls to the help desk regarding multiple shared drives not working due to an error in the server. In order to fix this, the net admins rebooted the servers and a few minutes later the shared drives were all working properly.

There was a ticket where I had to assign a virtual machine to a new intern who started working. Similar to the ticket from last week, I had to make sure that the net admins created an account with the information sent by the HR department. After doing this I made sure that the new user was included in the different groups so they get the correct permissions. After doing this I made sure that they had a VM assigned to them.

Next, a user was having problems with their Virtual Machine where every time she would log in it would keep saying, "No availability host for connection". This showed that the users profile was not going through. The net admins were able to push the VM profile and after a while the user was able to log in normally.

Resolved the ticket where someone in the Fire Academy had issues with the POE clocks. With the help of someone who was working there and GoToAssist, I was able to access the PC where the software was to control the times, and I fixed the issue where the time was set to the default 88:88. I was also able to make all of the clocks into Military time format which is what they wanted.

Currently working on a problem a user was having where they were not able to save emails into PDF format directly from outlook. I have to go into the registry and change the settings from there to see if the issue is resolved. This is all that happened throughout the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment