Monday, July 15, 2019

Internship Week 5 Update 7/8/19

This week, I got multiple helpdesk tickets which were all completed except one. There were a lot of people having different problems with connecting to their emails or having trouble with freezes.

There was a user who was not able to access a lot of websites because the user was getting multiple errors. After doing a few troubleshooting steps I noticed that the laptop has not been updated for 2 years. After sitting through the updates, everything was working fine and I had the user test it. She said that everything was working normally.

Another user was having issues with her email where nothing had been syncing up for more than 3 days. After looking to make sure Outlook was not offline, I noticed that the user needed to enter her login password again. After doing this, all of her emails were syncing up like they were supposed to.

The next ticket I received was where a Freeholder had a laptop which was very slow and outdated. I am supposed to get this laptop this week on Thursday 7/18/19 when the freeholder is here for a meeting.

There were other users with a similar issue where their email was not syncing. After they had entered their login password everything was working normally.

There was a user who was not able to access Chrome. I noticed that when she would access google, it would keep unavailable. In the url it was redirecting to a search encrypt add-on. After I removed this add-on everything was working again.

A user needed permissions to access the shared Engineering drive  so she can put her bank deposits there. User had their permissions set to read only, and after changing this, she was able to transfer her bank deposits to the shared drive.

No comments:

Post a Comment