Monday, July 29, 2019

Internship Week 7 Update 7/22/19

This week was a little slow, but there was a few different things that were done.

There was a user who could not connect to the printer. I performed a GoToAssist with the end user to see what could be the issue. I printed a test page to see if anything would print at all, this printed fine. After this, I restarted the virtual machine of the user and every document was printing fine after this.

A different ticket I received was where the planning department is working with Rutgers on a project. They need the Rutgers employees to be able to access the shared library to view and add documents onto OneDrive. The owner of the shared library tried to add the other users who were outside of the county, but that still didn't work. She needs to put in a separate helpdesk ticket for further assistance.

There was a user who kept on getting ads at random times when opening up her email. I performed a GoToAssist and saw that the user was using Outlook on chrome and not on the outlook application. I set up the email on the outlook app to see if it would work. It took hours for the app to update and populate with all of the emails. I believe I was able to disable the ads in the emails on chrome. Need to reach out to see if the ads still are coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment