This is my second to last week for the internship, and there were a lot of things that happened.
There was a user who was unable to open up any PDF's in their Virtual Machine. In order to fix this issue, I restarted the users VM. This fixed the issue and allowed the user to open up PDF files.
There was another issue where s user in the Finance department was trying to access a TD Bank etreasury site. This was an odd case because there was another user who would be able to access it with no issues. When the main user of the ticket tried to use it she would get an error message saying that they could not connect to the page. This screen would go away if the working user emails her the link, and she opens it up from the link it works. With the help of the net admins we saw that there is no actual problem on the firewall. I am keeping my eye on this to see if it does come again.
Another user put in a helpdesk ticket stating that her email is not working. After performing a GoToAssist I saw that Outlook kept asking for the password. When going to put the password the box disappeared after a split second. I removed the outlook profile and tried to add it again but Outlook could not add the profile at all. After talking to the net admins and the helpdesk manager after hours of troubleshooting we could not find an answer to this issue. Only thing we can try now is to reinstall the Windows 10 Operating system to see if this fixes the issue. I will be going out there to try to install OS and see if it works.
Another user submitted a helpdesk ticket where they stated that their fax machine is not working and keeps on saying please wait. After looking at the settings online I cant figure out what could be causing this to happen. I am still looking into this.
There were a few other people who were unable to access their outlook emails and when a GoToAssist with them it would ask for the password. After the users put in the password, the emails were all syncing. Everything was working.
No comments:
Post a Comment