This was my final week of the internship and there was a lot of things to catch up on before I left. There were some helpdesk tickets I had to try to finish and there was that PC from the week before which I tried to fix.
The PC was giving a lot of issues because since I had to try to install the OS from the beginning there were different settings that had to be changed in the BIOS. After doing these the installation would always fail. I called up Dell, followed some troubleshooting steps they mentioned and still it would not work. I was always getting an error saying that there was no bootable device after installing the OS. They said they would send out a tech to come and look at it because there could be a problem with the Hard drive since it is not detecting any boot device. Unfortunately I waited 2 full days for the tech to show up but he never did. There was nothing more I could do with that PC.
The next thing I did to finish up my helpdesk tickets were that I had to finish up Asset Tagging the different Virtual Machines and PC's that were in the Arts & History Office. There were multiple 2 Macbooks which were unable to be asset tagged since they were locked up and one HP Elitebooks was taken home by an employee. I was able to successfully Asset tag the other machines which were available.
I was also answering helpdesk calls and other various tickets with Outlook troubles which I was able to resolve without any issues. Other than these tasks there was not much else to do. Everything was just catching up and trying to finish my work before leaving. This was a really nice experience and it was fun going back this summer.
No comments:
Post a Comment