This week there were different things that I was assigned. Ranging from helpdesk tickets to the phone calls on the help desk line.
There was a user in the Finance department who needed user credentials for a program called Cognos. She was able to login with the same credentials she used for a previous software called HTE.
A user in the registry office was having issues with his email where, after a while Outlook would not sync his messages and he would not get anything sent to him. In order to fix this, when the user opened outlook he was given a box to enter his password. This usually comes up if the user changed their password recently. In this case the user has not changed his password in a long time. After the user entered his password he was able to get current emails. Everything was syncing fine.
Another ticket was assigned to me which correlated to a ticket from the week before where a user from Reprographics was trying to get the same software as someone who just retired. With the help of the application support in the office, we were able to perform a GoToAssist and add the host network to that program.
Another user was unable to access his laptop and not log on at all. I changed his password to the default password, when he tried to log in the next time, it would prompt him to change his password. After changing his password he was able to get into both his Virtual Machine and his laptop.
Another two tickets came in where I have to go around to the Arts and History office, and the Economic & Business development office and asset tag every device connected to the network. I am currently still in the process of doing this.
This was everything I did for the whole week.
No comments:
Post a Comment