This week, I had to follow up on some open helpdesk tickets I had where the user was unavailable and unable to work on the ticket. I also had some new tickets which I worked on.
I tried to follow up with the user who was using Outlook on the internet, and they kept on having ads pop up at random times. I looked into the issue more so that when I go back to help them, the issue will be resolved.
There was a user where they weren't able to use the printer. The user kept on getting an access denied error when checking the print queue. We noticed that it was a shared printer. I removed the printer and tried to add it again but that did not help. With the help of the manager of the helpdesk, we were able to add the shared network printer back from the server. After printing some test pages and documents everything was working fine.
Next, there was a new user who needed a login credentials and VM access. After receiving the information about the new user from HR, we were able to assign a new VM and setting up the default password. The new account was created for the new user.
There were two tickets which were the same in which I had to go around the two offices assigned to me and place an Asset tag on all of the network devices. I went in and changed the name of the device and placed an Asset tag on it. There was a user who had a Surface Pro, I made sure that an Asset tag was placed on the device, I changed the name of the device. I added the device to the correct security group and then downloaded the new security software on it.
Another user was unable to open up any PDF files, so i restarted their VM and everything was working fine.
There was a technical support staff meeting where all of the technical support members and the net admins talked about all of the different things going on with the new security software and adding the Asset tags to all of the county devices.
I had another ticket where a user at the Reprographics Office needed the same software on his account which someone else had before they retired. We were able to add two of the software on it. When the user entered one of the software there was no records or information on it when usually there is. I advised the user to ask someone over at his location who also uses that same software to see if he is doing something incorrectly.
No comments:
Post a Comment